Alba Power operates a 14-acre purpose-built facility, turbine and marine tyne engine test facility which features an industry-leading Allen Bradley digital control system. The facility includes a custom-built gas turbine workshop and stores complex, supported by liquid/gas/dual-fuel facilities.
The engine test bed is fully configured for both Avon and Olympus turbine engines and Rolls-Royce Marine Tyne turbines and specialises in accelerated test programmes to rapid timescales using innovative quick-fit mounting frames designed by our own test engineers. The test-bed facility also includes other technical innovations developed in-house. The start process is driven by a silent on-engine electric starter which makes for a smoother warm-up cycle than when conventional battery-driven starters are used. The digital turbine control system includes self-documenting software to capture large amounts of raw data from the engine test parameters in order to generate a comprehensive test report summary.
Other prominent features of the engine test-bed include:
- Liquid/gas/dual fuel facilities.
- A fully-automated off-engine fuel control system.
- Variety of client witness options available.
- Extended run option available.
- Test-only option available.
- Test facilities assessed for and carry full Quality Accreditation to ISO 9001:2008.
- Test facilities fully CAA-approved.
- Highly detailed test certification report for in-depth analysis.